Learn these Moving Tips and Tricks for Houston Movers!
Updated: Dec 11, 2020
Whether you have a major move planned out or looking for tips for future moves, you can find it here in this blog or on our moving tips page. The experts at A #1 Movers can guide you on your Houston move whether you are looking to save money, or simply need creative ideas when it comes to making moving less of a stressful and painful process.
1. Pack an overnight bag containing
all of your essentials.
*Chances are, you'll be too tired to unpack your things. You'll want your essentials within easy access, including a change of clothes if you're going back to work the next day.
2. Pack the items you will need FIRST in a clear
*Include items: box cutter, paper towels, trash bags, eating utensils, select cookware, power strips, phone chargers, toilet paper, tools, etc. The clear bin allows you to see inside and it also separates itself from the myriad of cardboard boxes.
3. Make sure to have everything packed in boxes and labeled which makes it easier on movers to know which box goes where and saves time for both you and us!
4. Any bed frames, couches, or pieces of furniture that you know needs to be broken down should be broken down before movers arrive. That way we do not waste any time to help you move and essentially save you 30 minutes!
5. Finally, have everything that is going in one room.
*Examples for best places: Living Room, Garage, Dining Room area) The movers can then go to one spot and will know in advance how many items they need to stack up in the truck.
For a full moving service, appliance, or any other moves in Houston, TX, simply give A #1 Movers a call. You can reach us at (491) 321-0399 for any questions or inquiries.